How to Prepare for a Colon Cleansing at a Colonic Hydrotherapy Treatment Near Me
Colonic irrigation or colonics is a holistic procedure that successfully eliminates wastes and toxins from the colon. To maximise the effects of colonics, it?s important to prepare for the procedure itself.
Preparing for a colonic involves eating healthy and avoiding certain food items. Starting your journey to wellness before colonics is an excellent step of forming a more positive, healthier lifestyle.
Make necessary dietary changes 48 hours prior to a colonic session
It?s important to switch to a healthier diet a few days before colonic hydrotherapy. There are certain food items that help in the efficient elimination of wastes, and therefore should be consumed not only before colonics, but on the long term.
Here are some of them.
- Increase water intake
- Drink herbal teas as they promote efficient digestive process. Examples of tea that are ideally taken before colonics is Roobois, peppermint, cardamom, and ginger tea.
- Increase your consumption of green veggies including cucumber, zucchini, peas, chard, kale, and peas.
- Drink vegetable juice to supply the digestive system with the nutrients it needs. In addition, the fibre content of veggies increases the bulk of wastes, making it easier for them to flush out of our system.
- Reduce your intake of meat products. If this is unavoidable, you may opt for broiled chicken meat or fish a few days prior to colonics. Animal protein typically triggers constipation and should be avoided if you are about to undergo colonics.
- Stay away from processed foods, junk foods and fast foods. They contain artificial chemicals, sugars, flours, and other ingredients that may trigger constipation.
- Refrain from beverages that contain caffeine. In addition, you should also avoid drinking carbonated drinks.
- Avoid smoking.
- Moderate exercising will help in moving wastes and toxins away from the colon. If you start a regular workout routine at least 3 times a week, you are less likely to suffer from constipation and enjoy regular bowel movements.
To know more about colonics and how to prepare for this procedure, continue reading more of our helpful articles here. For enquiries, you may call us on 0414 064 491.