Weight loss is possible with hydrotherapy colon cleanse. Whether you choose to have it done by a trained hydrotherapist at a clinic or by yourself with an enema kit in the comfort of your own home, you will definitely be delighted with the weight loss from hydrotherapy. So is hydrotherapy only recommended for people who want to lose weight? In this article we will discuss the relationship between colonics and weight loss as well as some of its other wellness benefits.
Colonics is a holistic procedure that makes use of the healing power of water, thus the term hydrotherapy. Large volumes of water are introduced into the colon for two purposes:
- Up to 70 litres of water are injected into the colon to loosen up impacted waste materials. Cleansing the colon also removes the mucoid plaque that blocks the nutrients from being absorbed into the colon walls and into the bloodstream.
- The presence of water in the colon also stimulates peristalsis or the contraction of smooth muscles that line the large intestine. Peristalsis moves the food along the colon so wastes can be expelled through a regular bowel movement.
The continuous flow of water in and out of the colon results in the elimination of waste materials and impurities from the body. You can lose up to 5 kilograms of excess weight from a single colonic session.
Other benefits that can be derived from colonics are as follows:
- Chronic constipation relief
- Alleviation of gastrointestinal symptoms including diarrhoea, excessive gas, and bloating
- Restoration of energy levels
- Enhanced mood
- Increased immune system functioning
- Clearing out of skin problems including breakouts, rosacea, eczema, and psoriasis
Where can I get a colonic done?
A colonic is usually performed at a clinic by a trained hydrotherapist. Consultation is facilitated by a holistic professional who can advise you of the frequency and intervals between colon hydrotherapy sessions. You can do colon cleansing at home in between colonic appointments for best results.
Buy your own enema kit here or find the nearest colon hydrotherapy clinic near you here. For enquiries, you may reach us on 0414 064 491.