If you constantly suffer from a general feeling of being unwell, it?s time to look at alternative treatments that can produce the same, if not, better results than traditional wellness treatment. An enema is an excellent cleansing and detox therapy that you can do from the comfort of your own home. Millions of people are now discovering benefits that go beyond the colon.
In this article, we will discuss everything there is to know about at-home enemas and how you can successfully include them as part of your wellness routine.
Enema- A Vital Cleansing Technique for the Colon
Simply put, an enema is a cleansing method that flushes out waste materials, impurities, and heavy metals from the colon. Did you know that the body accumulates an average of 5 kilograms of undigested food and wastes? Although the body still performs its regular elimination processes, it does not remove all of the waste products such as toxins and mucoid plaques in the colon. Unhealthy lifestyle habits contribute to inefficient detox pathways. Our body needs assistance in the total elimination of waste products, thus the need for performing an enema on a regular basis.
An at-home enema helps the body by stimulating regular bowel movements so you can feel lighter, cleaner, and healthier inside and out. A colon cleansing enema is the perfect home remedy for an inefficient colon.
A colon cleanse enema is ideal for people who experience the following symptoms:
- Allergy attacks
- Bouts of depression
- Mood swings
- Headache and migraine attack
- Easy fatigability and irritability
- Poor focus and concentration
- Indigestion, diarrhea, excessive gas, bloating, and constipation
- Inflammation and swelling
- Weight gain or obesity
- Poor immune system functioning
- Acne breakouts, rosacea, and eczema attacks
For those who desire a powerful and yet cost effective cleansing regimen, an at-home colon cleanse enema is the perfect place to start the journey towards wellness.
Holistic experts recommend undergoing an initial colonics session at a reputable wellness clinic. Colon hydrotherapy or colonics is a thorough internal bath for the gastrointestinal system. Unlike an at-home enema that only flushes toxins from the distal portion of the colon, colonics eliminates undigested food, toxins, mucoid plaque and heavy metals along the entire length of the large intestine. It?s a 45 to 60-minute hydrotherapy procedure that also involves massaging the abdomen to trigger peristalsis.
After a colonics session, holistic experts reveal that you can lose up to 5 kilograms of excess waste. Immediate weight loss from a single enema session is one of the reasons why it?s becoming a popular weight loss option for men and women who want to shed kilos naturally.
At-home enemas done once a week helps maintain the benefits derived from colonics as it helps the body?s detoxification pathways to perform at their peak.
Performing an at-home enema for the first time may feel uncomfortable, eve painful to some. But bear in mind that comfort level and ease of performing the procedure will get better over time. Depending on the frequency of an enema, you can feel the positive wellness results a few hours after your last one.
When do you need to perform an enema at home?
Here are situations when you should perform an enema to get the best results:
- Muscle pains such as backache
- Bloating and indigestion
- Candida albicans infestation and yeast infection
- Chronic constipation
- Chronic fatigue
- Excessive gas
- Migraine attacks and headaches
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Poor concentration and lack of focus
- Skin conditions such as acne breakouts, rosacea, eczema, and psoriasis
If you suffer from these symptoms, then it?s time for you to seriously consider getting an enema. When you have low energy levels or if you are perpetually haunted by constipation, then it?s high time to schedule a colonic at a clinic or do an enema at home. You can also perform an enema if you are in perfect health. The body can always make use of extra help in clearing out toxins and impurities from its system.
What are the benefits of doing an enema?
Our modern diet has made the digestive system less efficient in releasing undigested foods and other waste products. Our digestive system gets so backed up with impurities, heavy metals, and waste products that it slows down vital processes such as digestion, absorption, and elimination. The high amounts of wastes not only produce impacted fecal materials, but they also place a great deal of stress to the liver. A highly toxic system leads to many unpleasant signs and symptoms as evidenced by the following:
- Build up of mucoid plaque along the intestinal walls
- Mucus accumulation in the lungs
- Weak immune system
An enema helps prevent all of these conditions from happening in the first place. Not only does an enema get rid of constipation and other common gastrointestinal conditions, but it also helps in building a stronger body.
What is the difference between a colon hydrotherapy treatment and at-home colon cleanse?
To keep things simple and easy to understand, here are the main differences between an enema and colonic:
- Colonic is done at a clinic with specialised closed-system enema machine.
- Colon cleanse enema is performed at home using simple equipment.
- A colonic is facilitated by a colon hydrotherapist, who is trained to use a colonic machine and is skilled in assisting patients during the enema procedure.
- A colon cleanse enema is a do-it-yourself cleansing technique. You make use of a colon kit to perform the enema properly from start to finish.
How do you do an enema at home?
If this is your first time to perform enema at home, here are pointers worth remembering:
- You can only use distilled water for an enema. Ideally, the water temperature should be the same as room temperature to ensure comfort. Water that?s too hot can damage the lining of the colon and rectal regions. Cold water on the other hand might cause shock to the colon, leading to inefficiency in waste removal.
- There are several ingredients that you can add to water when preparing for an enema:
- Wheatgrass can be added to an enema solution. It is nutrient dense and will produce healthy results when utilised regularly.
- Saline enema is also a popular colon cleansing solution. Salt has properties that assist in proper hydration. In addition, salt features antiseptic properties that kill bacteria and other disease-causing microorganisms.
- Coffee enema is an increasingly popular alternative detox treatment. The Gerson Cancer Therapy is an alternative healing protocol for cancer patients who undergo traditional cancer treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy. There are many reasons why healthy individuals should perform coffee enema, too! Coffee enema specifically functions as a liver detox process since it boosts the functioning of the liver. In addition, beneficial compounds found in coffee such as caffeine and palmitic acid stimulate the production of enzymes such as bile which acts as a fat emulsifier. The same coffee compounds also trigger the body to produce its master antioxidant, glutathione S-transferase.
Are home enemas safe?
At-home enemas are guaranteed 100% safe. Since it does not use any harmful chemicals in flushing out wastes, rest assured that no serious side effects or complications occur during and after the procedure.
To ensure that no harm or pain is encountered during the procedure, experts recommend the use of natural lubricants such as coconut oil or olive oil when inserting the tube into the rectum. Lubrication is essential to prevent perforation of the anal canal and the colon, too.
Which one is better – Colon Cleansing Enema or Retention Enema
Colon cleansing enema and retention enema have two separate functions in the colon. These powerful detox tools also produce different results for its users.
- Colon cleansing enema is primarily performed to unclog the impacted fecal wastes and toxins in the colon. People who suffer chronic constipation rely on enema for immediate relief. Examples of ingredients used in enemas are apple cider vinegar, burdock root, and catnip tea, to name a few.
- Retention enema on the other hand is held in the colon for a longer period of time. The ingredients added to the water have healing effects not only in the gastrointestinal system, but in other vital body parts, too. For instance, coffee enema is held for up to 15 minutes which allows the caffeine and palmitic acid to be absorbed by the liver, gallbladder and bloodstream. Fleet enemas are also excellent examples of retention enema and are usually recommended for people with chronic constipation.
Now that you have basic understanding of how the different types of enemas work, the next step is buy an enema kit here. For any enquiries, do not hesitate to contact us at 0414 064 491.