Self-administration of a Fleet enema is a must if you suffer from constipation. ?This condition may not seem serious at all, but failure to pass bowel daily can result in the development of various diseases. A Fleet enema is also prescribed for individuals who are about to go under the knife such as colonoscopy and biopsy patients.
Conducting a Fleet water enema is different from traditional tap water colon cleansing. Here are some frequently asked questions. We hope that by answering some of these questions, you will be have the confidence do the enema by yourself properly.
How do you give yourself an enema with a water bottle?
Fleet enema solutions come in prepackaged, ready-to-use bottles. This means that you don?t need to undergo the tedious process of preparing the solution and then refilling it into a separate water bottle.
If you?re not able to find a ready-to-use Fleet enema product, you may also use a water bottle. Make sure that the bottle is thoroughly clean and disinfected before use. You may also use a home enema kit that you normally use for tap water colon cleansing. The same steps are to be followed during a Fleet enema administration.
How should you do a fleet enema?
If you?re wondering on how to give yourself an enema at home, here is a step-by-step process:
- Prepare your Fleet enema bottle. Open the shield from the tip of the bottle before inserting into the anus.
- Lubricate if necessary. You may use a water-based or oil-based lubricant for easy and painless insertion.
- Lie down on your left side. bend the knees towards your chest. Assume this position while inserting the tip of the bottle inside the rectum.
- Do not forget to bear down while inserting the tip to facilitate easy and fast entry. This technique relaxes the anus.
- Gently squeeze the bottle until empty. Remove the tip from the anus and hold the solution between 2 to 5 minutes.
- Resume lying on your left side while waiting for time to elapse. You may also assume the knee chest position for comfort.
- You will feel an urge to empty your bowels within 5 minutes. It usually takes at least two to three minutes until you start feeling the urge to eliminate bowels.
If you don?t feel the urge, call your doctor immediately. He or she will provide you with instructions on how to resolve the problem in order to prevent dehydration.
To find out more about different enema kits for constipation relief, check out our vast collection today!