Since the 1930s coffee enema has been touted as an alternative, all-natural cancer therapy. Dr. Max Gerson first introduced coffee beans as an ingredient for preparing an enema solution. The news about the many health benefits ?of a coffee enema spread quickly. Not only did it provide relief for cancer patients, but also healthy people who simply wanted a safe alternative to laxatives and other detox procedures.
What type of coffee should be used for enemas?
The main objective of a coffee enema is to assist the liver in its detox functions. This means that the colon cleansing benefit is considered by holistic experts as a secondary gain from coffee enemas. The rapid elimination of toxins within 15 to 20 minutes of retaining the coffee liquid in the colon. This gives enough time for palmitic acids and caffeine- beneficial compounds from coffee, to work their way to the liver and gallbladder. Once in the liver, these compounds work to strain toxins from the bloodstream.
Coffee is also instrumental in stimulating the gallbladder into producing glutathione S-transferase- a naturally occurring antioxidant that helps in removing free radicals from the body. It is the best alternative treatment for cancer patients who undergo traditional cancer treatment protocols such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Here are some tips when shopping for coffee beans for an enema:
- The coffee beans should be caffeinated. Without caffeine, the liver detox action is impossible.
- The coffee beans should be organic. You can use regular coffee for colon cleansing but it cannot deliver detox benefits to the liver.
- Robusta light to medium roast are ideal for coffee enemas. They contain high concentrations of palmitates and caffeine.
- Single origin whole coffee beans are known to have better quality than those that are grinded already.
- Wet processed coffee is recommended as they contain minimal to no toxins.
If you want to learn more about the best coffee beans blends to buy for your first ever enema session, click here to view our products. You may also reach us on 0414 064 491 for more information.