Since the 1930s, coffee enema has been touted as one of the most important elements of alternative therapies among cancer patients. Dr. Max Gerson first introduced the use of coffee beans as the main liquid for enema. The news of its many health benefits has spread not only to those who suffer from cancer but also among healthy people who simply want a safe alternative to laxatives and other detox procedures.
What type of coffee should be used for enemas?
The main objective of a coffee enema is to assist the liver in its detox function. This means that the colon cleansing benefit is considered by holistic experts as a secondary gain from coffee enemas. The rapid elimination of toxin happens within 15 to 20 minutes of retaining the coffee liquid in the colon. This gives enough time for palmitic acids and caffeine- beneficial compounds from coffee, to work their ways to the liver and gallbladder. Once in the liver, these compounds help in straining toxins from the bloodstream.
Coffee is also instrumental in stimulating the gallbladder into producing glutathione S-transferase- a naturally occurring antioxidant that helps in removing free radicals from the body. It is one of the best alternative treatments for cancer patients who undergo traditional cancer treatment protocols such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Here are some tips when shopping for coffee beans for enema:
- The coffee beans should be caffeinated. Without caffeine, the liver detox action is impossible.
- The coffee beans should be organic. You can use regular coffee for colon cleansing but it cannot deliver detox benefits to the liver.
- Robusta light to medium roast is ideal for coffee enemas. They contain high concentrations of palmitates and caffeine.
- Single origin whole coffee beans are known to be of better quality than those that have already been ground.
- Wet processed coffee is recommended as they contain minimal to no toxins.
If you want to learn more about the best coffee bean blends to buy for your first ever enema session, click here to view our products. You may also reach us on 0414 064 491 for more information.